Through a precertification program launched in 2012, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts reduced prescriptions for opioids such as Percocet by 20 percent and halved the prescription volume for longer-lasting painkillers such as OxyContin, The Boston Globe reported.
In an effort to curb drug abuse, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts has implemented a strict, new policy requiring its members to receive pre-approval to take certain pain medications. Under the
- Bina Technologies is acquired by Roche.
- e-MDs is First EHR to Connect to Kansas Infectious Disease Registry
- Nuance Receives High KLAS Rankings for Quality and Clinical Documentation Improvement Offerings
- Most Consumers Value Integrated Benefits for Time and Cost Savings
- FCC commissioner has much to report after JSU Medical Mall town hall
- More Press Releases