Most Popular Stories
- Beth Israel to pay millions, found negligent in baby's death
- Offer physicians research time to boost job satisfaction
- Feds cracking down on healthcare fraud, prosecutions to rise 85%
- Many readmissions not preventable, study says
- More hospital procedures mean better patient safety
- Diabetics receive better care from docs with EHRs
- Medicaid Health Plans of America's Annual Meeting
November 6-8 — Washington, DC
- Learn How The Panasonic Toughbook H2 Outperforms All Others on the Job!
- e-Patient Connections 2011 Conference
Sept 20-21 — Philadelphia, PA
- IHI National Forum on Quality Improvement in Health Care
December 4-7 — Orlando, FL
FierceHealthPayer provides the latest news about the fast-changing and heavily regulated area of healthcare reimbursement. Join thousands of healthcare plan executives who get FierceHealthPayer via weekly email. Sign up today!
More jobs doesn't equal more health plans
Declining joblessness hasn't translated into growth in employer-sponsored, group health insurance enrollment at Aetna (NYSE: AET), although it has put the brakes on membership erosion, reports the Wall Street Journal. "We have not seen employment come back [in group plans] yet even though the unemployment rate is falling," says Aetna president and CEO Mark Bertolini. "What has happened is that we have stopped seeing a decline in group health," which has flattened out in recent months. The jobless rate declined to 8.9 percent last month, and Aetna assumed a 10 percent unemployment rate when pricing its 2011 health plans. Although the rate now is lower than expected, it's unclear whether more people will obtain benefits as a result, Bertolini said. Article
Home | Subscribe | Advertise | Mobile Edition | RSS | Privacy | Site Map | Editors
THE FIERCEMARKETS NETWORKFierceEnergy | FierceSmartGrid | FierceFinance | FierceFinanceIT | FierceComplianceIT | FierceHealthcare | FierceHealthFinance | FierceHealthIT | Hospital Impact | FierceMobileHealthcare | FierceHealthPayer | FiercePracticeManagement | FierceEMR | FierceCIO | FierceCIO:TechWatch | FierceContentManagement | FierceMobileIT | FierceGovernmentIT | FierceGovernment | FierceHomelandSecurity | FierceBiotech | FierceBiotech Research | FiercePharma | FierceVaccines | FierceBiotechIT | FiercePharma Manufacturing | FierceMedicalDevices | FierceDrugDelivery | FierceIPTV | FierceOnlineVideo | FierceTelecom | FierceEnterpriseCommunications | FierceBroadbandWireless | FierceDeveloper | FierceMobileContent | FierceWireless | FierceWireless:Europe | FierceCable
© 2011 FierceMarkets. All rights reserved.