Most Popular Stories
- Health system exec makes top 10 list of overpaid CEOs
- Healthcare to add 4M jobs through 2018
- Borders' closing teaches hospitals to adapt
- Record-breaking mergers and acquisitions hit hospitals
- What the Cut, Cap, Balance Act means for hospitals
- Highest-risk mobile medical apps are focus of FDA's draft guidance
- Patients pick hospitals for their social media presence
- Disney gives hospitals advice on consumer service
- Disney Institute Announces New Healthcare Service Program as Hospitals Prepare for Public Reporting of Patient Scores
- Hospitals hope to save money by pre-screening ER patients
- Hospitals spend up to $100M to scan paper
- Questex Media to Launch M3 - Invitation-Only Event for Mobile Industry Executives
November 29-December 1, 2011 — Grand Del Mar, San Diego, CA
- Medical Device Connectivity Conference
Sept. 8-9, 2011 — Boston, MA
- HealthTech NextGeneration 2011
August 12, 2011 — San Francisco, CA
- Mayo Clinic's Conference on Systems Engineering and Operations Research in Health Care
Aug 10-12, 2011 — Rochester, MN
FierceHealthPayer provides the latest news about the fast-changing and heavily regulated area of healthcare reimbursement. Join thousands of healthcare plan executives who get FierceHealthPayer via weekly email. Sign up today!
ACO fears will be addressed, maybe alleviated
With the recent publication of the proposed rules regarding accountable care organizations (ACO), the topic has hit a fever-pitch level throughout the healthcare industry. Payers are particularly worried that the current ACO model could lead to antitrust issues, allowing groups of providers to band together and price gauge insurers. AHIP is so concerned that it submitted comments last week on the matter to the Federal Trade Commission and the Department of Justice.
So it should come as no surprise that AHIP has included some key sessions in this year's Institute addressing the growing ACO antitrust fears.
Deloitte consultants will address these concerns head on during their session Thursday morning. They will explore how ACOs can improve quality, efficiency, and--perhaps most importantly to attendees--preserve competition in the marketplace. You'll also hear about a capabilities framework that outlines key competencies for ACOs.
A separate group of healthcare consultants will discuss the critical role of payers in payment reform models during a Thursday afternoon session. Folks from Pacific Business Group on Health, Global Health Advisors, and Cognizant Business Consulting will examine how ACOs can drive innovation, quality improvement, and increase collaboration among health plans, hospitals, and physicians. Plus, you can learn about ACO's operational elements, including infrastructure, financial modeling, quality improvements and operations.
The final Thursday session presents lessons learned from providers in achieving high-value healthcare. Execs from Geisinger Health System and Marshfield Clinic will analyze the strategic issues posed by the new ACO program in light of their own business environments, including the implications for Medicare Advantage, commercial contracts, and other federal and state opportunities. This could be a valuable hour spent to help payers better understand providers' side of the ACO arrangement.
Home | Subscribe | Advertise | Mobile Edition | RSS | Privacy | Site Map | Editors
THE FIERCEMARKETS NETWORKFierceEnergy | FierceSmartGrid | FierceFinance | FierceFinanceIT | FierceComplianceIT | FierceHealthcare | FierceHealthFinance | FierceHealthIT | Hospital Impact | FierceMobileHealthcare | FierceHealthPayer | FiercePracticeManagement | FierceEMR | FierceCIO | FierceCIO:TechWatch | FierceContentManagement | FierceMobileIT | FierceGovernmentIT | FierceGovernment | FierceHomelandSecurity | FierceBiotech | FierceBiotech Research | FiercePharma | FierceVaccines | FierceBiotechIT | FiercePharma Manufacturing | FierceMedicalDevices | FierceDrugDelivery | FierceIPTV | FierceOnlineVideo | FierceTelecom | FierceEnterpriseCommunications | FierceBroadbandWireless | FierceDeveloper | FierceMobileContent | FierceWireless | FierceWireless:Europe | FierceCable
© 2011 FierceMarkets. All rights reserved.