Most Popular Stories
- Five Oregon State Hospital employees get slap on wrist for patient death
- We're pleased to welcome Senior Editor Sandra Yin!
- Better emergency care could have prevented 120,000 deaths, report finds
- Potential state violations prompt investigation of hospital trustees by New York AG
- What the McChrystal debacle teaches healthcare leaders
- RAC lessons: Appeals can work; denials and hospital prep are costly
- Leading health plan CEO paychecks
- 15 Free Healthcare Apps for the iPhone
- Aetna is best health plan, UnitedHealthcare is worst, hospital execs say
- UnitedHealthcare contracts stop making no-warning fee changes
- Wal-Mart will market electronic medical records system
- WI nurses fired over cell photos of X-ray
- CFO (Psych) Job in Utah
StaffPointe, LLC - Salt Lake City, UT
- Neurologist Job for Wisconsin http://www.staffpointe.com
StaffPointe, LLC - central, WI
- Hospitalist Job in Georgia
StaffPointe, LLC - near Atlanta, GA
- Hospitalist Job in Washington
StaffPointe, LLC - southwestern, WA
- Care Coordinator - LPN/RN - NCC
Amerigroup - Tampa
- unNiched 2010: A Unique Boot Camp for Health Marketers
November 1 - 2, 2010 — New York, NY
- 2nd Ann. Leadership Summit on Wireless Health
July 29 - 30 — Boston, MA
- Seventh Annual Healthcare Unbound Conference & Exhibition
July 19 - 20 — San Diego, CA
- Building a Quality Measurement System
July 14 - 15 — San Diego, CA
FierceHealthPayer provides the latest news about the fast-changing and heavily regulated area of healthcare reimbursement. Join thousands of healthcare plan executives who get FierceHealthPayer via weekly email. Sign up today!
Cigna to exit national Medicare Advantage private FFS market in 2011
Cigna Corp. has chosen not to renew its national Medicare Advantage private fee-for-service (PFFS) contract for 2011. Analysts have expected some Medicare Advantage companies to leave the market due to changes that CMS is making regarding provider networks.
CIGNA's decision will impact approximately 92,000 members in 27 states, spokeswoman Lindsay Shearer tells FierceHealthPayer. The goal is "to allow CIGNA to provide greater focus on those core government businesses that provide the most value for customers--that can be delivered on a sustainable basis, in alignment with our strategy to improve the health, well-being and a sense of security of customers through our industry-leading service and clinical programs," she says.
CIGNA will continue to offer its Medicare Part D pharmacy plan and the Arizona Medicare Advantage HMO plans. "The Medicare Advantage HMO in Arizona has been a market leader for over 15 years. Our Part D plan has over half a million members. Both plans have demonstrated an ability to deliver sustained value to our customers," says Shearer. "In addition CIGNA offers a comprehensive suite of group-sponsored retiree solutions including early retiree products, Medicare Part D pharmacy benefits, CIGNA Medicare Advantage Alliance products with Humana, Medicare Supplemental benefits and Medicare Advantage HMO group plans in Arizona."
To learn more:
- read this press release
Home | Subscribe | Advertise | Mobile Edition | RSS | Privacy | Site Map
THE FIERCEMARKETS NETWORKFierceFinance | FierceFinanceIT | FierceComplianceIT | FierceHealthcare | FierceHealthFinance | FierceHealthIT | Hospital Impact | FierceMobileHealthcare | FierceHealthPayer | FiercePracticeManagement | FierceCIO | FierceCIO:TechWatch | FierceContentManagement | FierceMobileIT | FierceGovernmentIT | FierceBiotech | FierceBiotech Research | FiercePharma | FierceVaccines | FierceBiotechIT | FiercePharma Manufacturing | FierceMedicalDevices | FierceDrugDelivery | FierceIPTV | FierceOnlineVideo | FierceTelecom | FierceVoIP | FierceBroadbandWireless | FierceDeveloper | FierceMobileContent | FierceWireless | FierceWireless:Europe | FierceCable
© 2010 FierceMarkets. All rights reserved.