Most Popular Stories
- Aetna is best health plan, UnitedHealthcare is worst, hospital execs say
- Texas Blue Cross reverses coverage decision on infant with 'pre-existing condition'
- Health reform has marketers rethinking their approach
- Ron Williams - 2009 Insurance CEO Compensation
- UnitedHealth's Stephen Hemsley earned nearly $9 million in 2009, big pay increase over 2008
- Minnesota hospitals could see largest nursing strike in U.S. history
- Endocrinologist Job in Indiana
StaffPointe, LLC - near Indianapolis, IN
- Pain Management Job in Georgia
StaffPointe, LLC - Gainesville, GA
- Family Practice Job for Ohio
StaffPointe, LLC - east central, OH
- IM/Peds Job for North Carolina
StaffPointe, LLC - east, NC
- Pediatrician Jobs in United Kingdom
StaffPointe, LLC - multiple locations
- Summit on Accountable Care Organizations
May 24-25 — Washington, DC
- Panel discussion - Smarter organizations and impact on patient care.
- mHealth 2010 Conference & Expo
September 13-15 — Dubai, UAE
- Webinar: Intensive Care for the Contact Center - How Healthcare Insurance Companies Can Rehabilitate the Customer Care Function
May 19th, 2010
FierceHealthPayer provides the latest news about the fast-changing and heavily regulated area of healthcare reimbursement. Join thousands of healthcare plan executives who get FierceHealthPayer via weekly email. Sign up today!
Arkansas Blue Cross ditches its Explanation of Benefits for plain-English benefit statement
Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Little Rock is phasing out its Explanation of Benefits statements and replacing them with twice-monthly "Personal Health Statements." The comprehensive benefit summaries will be written in everyday language to ensure that members understand how their claims are processed, and will include information about pharmacy benefits, personal health messages and reminders about periodic health screenings.
"We want the conversations we have with our members to be understandable, whether we're talking by telephone, through our websites or in any of our many written pieces of communication," says Karen Raley, vice president of communications and product development.
The PHS will still include the detailed claims data provided in the EOB, but will include additional information such as pharmacy information (e.g., list of medications and dosage) and personal health information and reminders (e.g., when it's time to schedule recommended health screenings).
Georgia Blue plan sends benefit letters to wrong addresses
Home | Subscribe | Advertise | Mobile Edition | RSS | Privacy | Site Map | List in Marketplace | Supplier Marketplace
THE FIERCEMARKETS NETWORKFierceFinance | FierceFinanceIT | FierceComplianceIT | FierceHealthcare | FierceHealthFinance | FierceHealthIT | Hospital Impact | FierceMobileHealthcare | FierceHealthPayer | FierceCIO | FierceCIO:TechWatch | FierceContentManagement | FierceMobileIT | FierceGovernmentIT | FierceBiotech | FierceBiotech Research | FiercePharma | FierceVaccines | FierceBiotechIT | FiercePharma Manufacturing | FierceMedicalDevices | FierceDrugDelivery | FierceIPTV | FierceOnlineVideo | FierceTelecom | FierceVoIP | FierceBroadbandWireless | FierceDeveloper | FierceMobileContent | FierceWireless | FierceWireless:Europe | FierceCable
© 2010 FierceMarkets. All rights reserved.