Most Popular Stories
- CMS expands medical staff definition to include APRNs, PAs
- GAO: CMS must take stronger stand on Medicare fraud, overpayments
- New breed of CIO: Chief Incentive Officer
- Feds investigate Dallas hospital, docs for fraud
- Patients choose hospitals based on social media
- Providers praise proposed SGR repeal, fee-for-service phase out
- Webcast: Engaging Patients as Consumers
Tuesday May 22nd 4:00 pm ET
- Northwestern Online Master of Science in Medical Informatics Program
- IHI's New 12-Month Triple Aim Improvement Community - Free informational calls
May 31 & June 12
- 4th Annual mHealth World Congress
July 25-27, 2012 — Boston, MA
FierceHealthPayer provides the latest news about the fast-changing and heavily regulated area of healthcare reimbursement. Join 16,000 healthcare plan executives who get FierceHealthPayer via twice weekly email. Sign up today!
Biography for Ron Shinkman
It's rare when you can mutter the words "novelist," "Jeopardy contestant" and "FierceHealthFinance" in the same breath. But Ron Shinkman, editor of FierceHealthFinance, makes it all possible. Besides writing a novel that one Amazon.com reviewer deemed a "wry thriller," Ron once won $16,000 as a Jeopardy contestant!
No doubt Ron amassed his plot ideas--not to mention mounds of miscellaneous trivia--during nearly two decades as a journalist. You may remember Ron from his years as the Los Angeles Bureau Chief of Modern Healthcare, where he focused on corporate governance issues. Or maybe you recognize his byline from the Los Angeles Business Journal, where he covered the healthcare and insurance beats. He has also written for HealthLeaders Media, Trustee magazine, and Payer & Providers. He can be reached at [email protected]. Follow him @FierceHealth on Twitter and find him on LinkedIn.
Articles by Ron Shinkman
May 4, 2012
March 18, 2011