Insurers' online presence and the experience provided to consumers play key roles in the transition to a more consumer-focused industry. In this Fierce exclusive, FierceHealthPayer breaks down how Oscar Insurance Corp. created a completely new kind of online presence that's easy and transparent for consumers.
As insurers increasingly become more consumer-centric, they often set out with a goal of pleasing the consumer. But one expert says that's a losing strategy. "When you wow your customer, you're not really living the truth," Ingrid Lindberg, chief customer experience officer for Prime Therapeutics, said during her presentation at AHIP Institute 2014 in Seattle. "You can't say 'no' and deliver flowers at the same time."
Health insurance is going retail, so industry experts at this week's AHIP Institute Consumer Experience Forum in Seattle offered guidance on how to ensure brand loyalty, engage new consumers, and take the consumer experience beyond member acquisition to retention.
The consumers are coming! The consumers are coming! That might as well have been the bottom line message of each interview I have conducted related to the AHIP Institute 2013 in Las Vegas.
Looking to successful consumer-oriented companies like Wal-Mart and Proctor & Gamble can help insurers survive the transition to and thrive within the evolving health insurance market.
- Tenet and Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas Sign Multi-Year Agreement
- Academy's Uccello Testifies Before Congress on Affordable Care Act's Risk-Sharing Mechanisms
- Delaware & Maryland Overcome State Boundaries to Improve Patient Care
- PHT streamlines clinical trials with Windows 8.1 tablets
- Centene's Washington Subsidiary Awarded Accreditation From NCQA
- More Press Releases