Insurers in California are spending $38 million to lobby against a state ballot initiative that would allow the state's insurance chief to review and potentially reject their premium rate proposals, reported the Center for Public Integrity.
Aetna and Blue Shield of California have defied state regulators an will proceed with double-digit rate hikes that were deemed unreasonable.
A bill that would have granted the California insurance commissioner more oversight in regulating health insurance rates has died in the Senate. This is the fourth time in four years that lawmakers
A California bill that would let the insurance commissioner block excessive rate hikes is headed to state Senate floor, where it likely faces a tough fight. The Senate Appropriations Committee
- STENTYS Reaches 10,000 Self-Apposing Stent implantations
- A&D Medical Launches Its WellnessConnected® Platform
- Full digitization of the anatomic pathology lab is here with the VENTANA System for Primary Diagnosis
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan's health care quality efforts with hospitals save $597 million statewide over five-year period
- Surgical Information Systems Announces New Sales Executive
- More Press Releases