Most Popular Stories
- States assess health law's impact on physician shortages
- Hospital deaths, readmissions spike during nursing strikes
- Aetna is best health plan, UnitedHealthcare is worst, hospital execs say
- Patients want physicians to communicate more with each other, study finds
- Texas Blue Cross reverses coverage decision on infant with 'pre-existing condition'
- Getting to know your patients online: Helpful or unethical?
- Lead Physician acting as Medical Director for new Urgent Care Facility
Powell Search Associates - North-Central
- Nurse Practitioner Job in Vermont
StaffPointe, LLC - north, VT
- Endocrinology Job in Tennessee
StaffPointe, LLC - Nashville, TN
- Gastroenterologist Job in Pennsylvania
StaffPointe, LLC - central, PA
- Dermatologist Job in Virginia
StaffPointe, LLC - north, VA
- 6th Ann. World Health Care Congress Europe
19-20 May — Brussels, Belgium
- DeviceFest 2010
April 14 — Hyatt Newport Beach, CA
- AIIM Expo + Conference
April 20-22, 2010 — Philadelphia, PA
- WCBF's 9th Annual Lean Six Sigma and Process Improvement in Healthcare Summit
May 12 & 13, 2010 — New Orleans Marriot, New Orleans LA
FierceHealthPayer provides the latest news about the fast-changing and heavily regulated area of healthcare reimbursement. Join thousands of healthcare plan executives who get FierceHealthPayer via weekly email. Sign up today!
SPOTLIGHT: High-risk health insurance pools are in the works, Sebelius says
The Obama administration began work on Friday to provide "immediate relief for potentially millions of Americans with pre-existing conditions, like diabetes or high-blood pressure, who have been shut out of the insurance system," according to Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius. She was referring to the reduced-rate, high-risk pools to which $5 billion will go into to insure individuals with pre-existing conditions before all insurance companies must accept these individuals in 2014. FierceHealthcare
Home | Subscribe | Advertise | Mobile Edition | RSS | Privacy | Site Map | List in Marketplace | Supplier Marketplace
THE FIERCEMARKETS NETWORKFierceFinance | FierceFinanceIT | FierceComplianceIT | FierceHealthcare | FierceHealthFinance | FierceHealthIT | Hospital Impact | FierceMobileHealthcare | FierceHealthPayer | FierceCIO | FierceCIO:TechWatch | FierceContentManagement | FierceMobileIT | FierceGovernmentIT | FierceBiotech | FierceBiotech Research | FiercePharma | FierceVaccines | FierceBiotechIT | FiercePharma Manufacturing | FierceMedicalDevices | FierceIPTV | FierceOnlineVideo | FierceTelecom | FierceVoIP | FierceBroadbandWireless | FierceDeveloper | FierceMobileContent | FierceWireless | FierceWireless:Europe | FierceCable
© 2010 FierceMarkets. All rights reserved.